Oct 13, 2012 12:47:41 PM
In the last year, Adobe has developed a number of Edge programs that have truly made an impact on the software landscape today, especially in the eyes of developers. By making significant changes to the internal structure of the company, Adobe has found that it is able to work more efficiently and quickly, responding to software bugs within incredibly short windows of time. These changes have achieved a number of successes for the company as a whole, from its ability to be productive to its ability to give their clientele quick results.
The massive shift in Adobe’s structure has moved focus from large groups of problem solvers to much smaller, intimate groups who can react to issues quickly and fix them in an efficient manner. The company has found that small groups are much more effective in creating quick solutions to current problems. Borrowing some of these tactics from Google, Adobe has found that much success is bred from small groups working resourcefully.
Adobe’s senior project manager, Jacob Surber, believes that this change will be incredibly effective for the overall productivity of the company. He stated, “We've changed the way we do things. We've gone from very large, very waterfall-driven teams to very small. We built Reflow with a six-man team in six months. We are going very iteratively, [with] very small, very focused teams, and it's really changed the way that we approach design and development and refinement of these applications."
Surber believes that these changes will have an enormous impact on the future of the company and its current practices. Do you agree with the use of small groups versus large collections of individuals? Little Soft Shop takes pride in our ability to provide the best software at the lowest prices. Contact us today for the best software on the market!
Sep 30, 2012 2:21:09 PM
Available for both Windows and Mac users, Adobe’s Photoshop Elements 11 is the newest release from the design software giant. As with any new product release, Photoshop Elements 11 comes with several new features that have never been seen before in the industry. Before purchasing this product, it is important to keep in mind that many of these features were created for professional use. Industry professionals can take advantage of these new tools, which truly push the envelope of web graphics and design.
The following are some of the most useful new features for design professionals:
- Guided Edits allows users to create professional quality photographic effects to enhance the look and feel of any image
- Layout Flexibility lets you choose from a number of professionally designed templates or create your own custom templates
- Map View integrates with Google Maps to allow users to see the world and zoom in to any area imaginable
- An improved Media Organizer makes viewing and moving video clips and photos much easier
- Special Events features helps users sort and recall events in the calendar view
- Creative Filters can change the look of any image, from Comics to Illustrations and much more
- Shortcuts allows edits such as teeth whitening or color fixing in one simple step
Photoshop Elements 11 offers quite a few useful additions. The above only scratch the surface of the beneficial features added to the improved software. Adobe continues to develop its design programs and Little Soft Shop remains on the cutting-edge of all software releases. For the best prices around, contact us today!
Sep 12, 2012 2:51:45 PM
Are you curious to learn the ins and outs of Adobe’s products? Would you like to dive deeper into the workings of HTML, CSS, motion graphics, web development and more? Well, if you are a graphic designer, web developer, or any kind of web junkie, Adobe’s ‘Create the Web’ event is just for you. Traveling to locations across the world, Adobe will be answering questions, revealing new information, and hosting intriguing discussions involving their software applications.
The Adobe team will travel to San Francisco, London, Tokyo, and Sydney to host the event in each location. The strategy behind the location selections seems clear. All four of the listed locations are leaders in technology and software development in their respective countries. As such, Adobe staff members hope to light a fuel under these cities’ web application fire, bringing an elevated level of conversation to these areas.
As Adobe continues to push to provide access to their applications on multiple platforms, users will be able to fully appreciate all of the new components featured in HTML5, as well as a number of new layout formats. From PCs to tablets to smart phones, Adobe developers continue their quest to allow for functionality on all of these devices.
The Create the Web event is already sold out; however, those who missed the deadline will have an opportunity to live stream the event here. A number of different speakers and presentations will be available, all of which are listed on the site. We look forward to the reveal of the new capabilities that Adobe has to offer.
Aug 13, 2012 2:18:29 PM
With every new Adobe release, web design capabilities are pushed to new heights. Creating, editing, and modifying images and videos on Adobe Photoshop CS6 are no different. Even the most skilled web designers can constantly grow. Learning from Photoshop tutorials is one of the best methods of pushing skills forward, while bringing a new level of innovation to design style, aesthetic, and best practices.
With this in mind, Little Soft Shop has put together a list of helpful, creative, and interesting, tutorials throughout the online space. Below, we highlight 8 of the most intriguing Photoshop tutorials.
- Interested in milk and typography? Then this tutorial is the one for you!
- Remember the old lady who lived in the shoe? Learn how to recreate this image here.
- Creativity at its finest. Learn how to manipulate a house to make it look like nothing you have seen before!
- Caves create a variance of perspectives. This tutorial is awesome.
- Psychedelic images are great for mind games, check out this tiger tutorial.
- Photoshop beginners should take a look at this tutorial.
- Sports fan? Don’t miss this baseball tutorial.
- A tutorial for those interested in make-up, very cool!
With the introduction of Adobe CS6, Photoshop tutorials can prove to be extremely helpful in elevating current skills and learning new practices. For the latest software, visit Little Soft Shop today!
May 30, 2012 1:27:59 PM
The hype around the release of Adobe’s CS6 was certainly warranted. With additional product lines, a ton of enhanced products, and a few fresh perspectives, CS6 programs are poised to be truly groundbreaking. Concentrating on Photoshop CS6, it is clear that some big changes have taken place. Digital media professionals have all come together in celebration of yet another amazing product. Adobe’s Photoshop CS6 is undoubtedly a “must-have”. Let’s take a look at some of the most notable features that give Photoshop CS6 is prowess.
- Content-Aware Capability: as digital media professionals, the need to remove an individual piece of content from an image is common. In CS6, Adobe introduced us to Content-Aware Move, which allows users to take a single element on an image and move it somewhere else. Amazing!
- New Interface: now generally speaking, most individuals would not be up in arms about a new interface. However, Photoshop CS6 users are, in fact, designers who appreciate good aesthetic. With a darker, more streamlined, and easily accessible interface, CS6 is cleaner than ever.
- Cropping Tool: cropping capacity is no new friend to Photoshop; however, CS6 has pushed cropping capability to new levels. With advancements to this feature, CS6 users are able to crop with elevated precision and ease.
- Styled Type: taking a few notes from InDesign, Photoshop CS6 has expanded the ability to manipulate and formulate type. Improved type styling makes formatting much easier.
- Camera Raw 7.0 Plug-In: with this new plug-in, Adobe users can take their raw image files and edit with extended ease.
Little Soft Shop carries the latest software at the most affordable prices. Call us today for great software discounts!